Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day 19

I had the busiest day a work the other day. I don't think I've been that busy in a long time.

I didn't get a chance to email that guy that has a crush on me. I like him as a friend and I wish he had never told me. I want to be friends but I don't want to encourage the feelings because I can't return them.

I'm one year out from graduating! The days are going by so slow. I want them to be over with already. I've got so many plans for all the free time I'll have.

I went to see a Tyler Perry play today (The Marriage Counselor). I was surprised to learn that one of the cast members is from Lancaster. Oh my gosh! I'm sad to report that I'm disappointed yet again. Still giving black women only two options: evil rich black man (with HIV) or average joe black man who doesn't pay much attention to his woman. On the other hand, average joe black man's dad got some options: old fat black woman or young skinny white chick. Guess which one he chose? Neither one of these women are bad choices but they are much better choices than were given the black woman.

Implicit meaning of this play: black women need to lose some weight and when you have a marriage that's unfulfilling, your only other option is to get a bad man that's bad for your health. LITERALLY!

Bottom line-the play was garbage with a Jesus kick. The Jesus part was fine, it's the garbage, aka lack of choices for the black woman that I didn't like. In short, I will never watch anything Tyler Perry again!!!

I just spent the last two hours watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. This is a great show, BTW. I doubt I will have an opportunity to watch the last of Heroes unless they managed to tape the entire season before the screen writer's went on strike. That's the only other show I enjoy watching.