Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 169

I was going through some of my old files looking for another version of my resume when I came across my January Novel Writing Month (JANOWRIMO) files from 2006. I had started writing about how a woman who's home is burglarized. The burglar took her laptop computer, which contained personal files. The burglar became obsessed with her after reading her electronic journal.

The story started out about her but ended up being mostly about the burglar. The burglar became really dark and he started to scare me so I stopped writing. I got about 5,000 words into the story and couldn't go on because the burglar scared me so much. I may decide to reread the files to see if I can make some sense of it. I don't think it would make a good screenplay. There would be too many voice overs or sequences involving reading or typing at a computer. (I'm already falling asleep picturing the movie in my head.)

I would like to try National Novel Writing Month (NANOWRIMO) or JANOWRIMO in the future. Or I can just pick a month to write 50,000 words. I don't know if what I write will make any sense but if I can blog once a day then I can certainly go the extra step and write 1,700 words a day.

0 comments: