Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 179

What's in a name? I always wonder how people come up with the names for their children, especially black folk.

For example, my cousin's daughter just had a baby not too long ago. The baby's name? Well, let's just say it's a name that will almost guarantee a permanent place in the unemployment line.

In one of my classes, there was a discussion about names and one person said the company they worked for didn't hire an individual because of his name! So it still happens.

The good thing about becoming an adult is, you can change your name. However, it sucks to have to go through life with a crappy name.

0 comments: