Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 137


Shavonne0228
Originally uploaded by Shavonne
I missed out on some really cute dresses at RueLaLa.com. I'm so upset because those dresses were so Shavonne.

I've been thinking a lot about my hair again and specifically about Sisterlocks. (I'm watching my mom get her hair done [by the same lady who did my hair right before I went to Afghanistan]). My mom is having fake hair cornrolled into her hair so that there will be enough hair for her weave to be sown to. Also, I'm smelling burnt hair. They have the oven on and heating up the pressing comb. Lovely. Just plain lovely. I so wish by blog had a scratch and sniff feature.)

I asked Brunsli a few questions out of curiosity.

  1. What do Sisterlocks feel like?

  2. Do they feel like yarn or fuzzy braids?

  3. Are they soft and easy to twirl around your finger?

  4. When you sleep on them, do they feel itchy? Or is it like having a built-in soft pillow permanently attached to your head? (I didn't ask her this question but I should. I like the idea of having a pillow attached to my head. I could go to sleep anywhere.)


I've never felt locked hair before. To be honest, I've had opportunities but because of the reputation for locks being unclean, I never asked someone if I could feel their hair. Locks, especially traditional locks, look hard. Sisterlocks look hard when they've been dyed, which is why I don't like the look of dyed locks.

(I hate the smell of burnt hair. I think I'm going to puke. Okay so I'm guessing she's getting her scalp burned by the pressing comb because she's screaming out in pain. She had a hot flash and sweated out the pressed parts so the hairdresser is repressing those sections. It stinks in here. And it's smokey.)

I'm really paranoid that I won't like the way Sisterlocks feel when I twirl a lock around my fingers. I really like having my hands in my hair. I twirl my hair around my fingers when I'm not typing or biting my nails. (When I was little, I mastered the hair twirl and the thumb in my mouth.)

0 comments: