Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Day 124

I just wanted to share with you what another opposer to locks wrote to me in an email. This is after directing her to Krystl's blog.

"It's pretty, but I don't think you should do dreads. It's just too permanent & you have to cut it to change it.

To me, long dreads make the most sense for people who when they cannot grow their hair long any other way. Or, people who have hair that is very difficult to manage when it's natural."


It wasn't that long ago that I posted how I was thinking of chopping off all my hair. This person certainly didn't see a problem with chopping off my hair in the name of change. Ironic, don't you think?

Here's my replay:

My hair is difficult to manage. It frizzes on rainy days because of the humidity and hot days because of sweating, it's dry and breaks off when I comb it in the winter, and when I wash it, I can barely get a comb through it. I've worn my hair in a ponytail for decades.

Besides, cutting my hair short is permanent.


One of these days, I will do a vlog just to show the world what I go through when I wash my hair. I will also take pictures of my hair on hot and humid days. I'm going to have to leave California for that.

0 comments: