Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 143

Dear Carey almost kinda sorta practically had a fit because I didn't write about Brunsli's response to my questions in Day 137. Dear Carey, can't read Brunsli's blog because blogger blogs are blocked on work computers.

Well, Dear Carey, let me tell you about what Brunsli said about her hair. I asked Brunsli if her hair felt like yarn or fuzzy braids. Brunsli said her hair feels like yarn, not the cheap stuff but the good yarn like the soft yarn Sandra buys for many of her knitting projects. So, that means Brunsli's hair is really, really soft, like I thought.

I also got a soft and bouncy confirmation from Brunsli's husband.

Krystl, another Sisterlocked blogger, commented on my blog and she too, says her hair is soft.

Both women have soft hair and said that the feel of one's hair depends greatly on the texture and the care given to the hair.

So, I could either come out with soft and bouncy hair, or hair that isn't so soft. It all depends on how I take care of my hair.

Now that I have an idea of what locked hair feels like, I'm like 98.7% sure I want Sisterlocks.

Everyone with blogs chronicle their hair journeys usually start the few weeks before the locks are installed. There will be an 18-month period between my discovery of Sisterlocks and actually getting them installed. This is a permanent hair change and one that I want to ensure that I truly want.

Now for the reason, it will be so long before I actually get Sisterlocks. Well, at the moment I'm in school and I don't have 3 days to devote to my hair unless I take a break from school and I want to finish school more than I want to do anything with my hair.

(Betty don't do it!. [I'm watching Ugly Betty and her baby daddy boyfriend asked her to marry him.] Yuck! Betty, go to Italy with Gio, the man who also has deep feelings for you and doesn't have a baby mama who will make your life miserable! Plus. you have an all expense paid trip, first class plane tickets and five star hotels at risk here!)

Now for reason number two. I currently live with my mother because going to grad school and living in California is undoable otherwise. She specifically said that she will not let me stay with her if I lock my hair because she will not live with a Rasta chick.

I can't wait to finish school.

1 comments:

SisterlocksMD said...

A rasta chick? lol, that's crazy...SLs are far from the Bob Marley look. I bet if you got them she wouldn't even think they were locks if you told her they were braids, lol

How your hair feels does depend on your hair texture, and this was one of the last questions I had to have answered before getting SLs too. I know someone who has traditional locks and I touched her hair...it scared me to death! It was sooo hard...hard like a brillo pad mixed with concrete...not cute!

My consultant told me traditional locks have this problem because of the products used (gels, beeswax, etc.) to lock the hair that never really escape the lock even after shampooing (another benefit of having SLs maintained with a tool!). She also said that has to do with hair texture and lack of conditioning.

Now after having SLs (even though they are far from mature...) my hair is NOT hard. I know it will get denser as it locks but using good shampoo and conditioner will combat the hard problem even if you have type 4b/c kinky hair.