Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 147

Happy Memorial Day!

Today was a good day. My cousins came up to visit. We sang some karaoke, played some pool, and made fun of each other. It was great.

I've been getting a lot of emails from some of my Army buddies. Very unusual. One of my buddies is serving a 15-month tour to Iraq. He's been there for 6 months and still has 9 more to go. This is someone I worked with when I was in Korea. He liked Korea had an opportunity to stay there for 2 to 3 years but wanted to try to get an assignment to Germany. Well, it didn't work out for him. He got sent to a unit in Colorado. I warned him to sign up for an extended tour in Korea since he really liked being in Korea, but he didn't listen to me. I would have signed up for 3 more years there had Korea been my first duty assignment. I don't think I would have thought twice about staying in Korea considering what my other options would have been.

I'm very tired. I need to get some sleep. I went to bed early this morning and got up early to help with the cooking.

I'm off to sleep. I will write more on this tomorrow.

0 comments: