Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 148

Today is the start of my last week in class number 7. Next Tuesday I start class number 6. I can't wait. I have a lot of reading to do for my next class. I think a total of 8 or 9 chapters to read for week 1. The class should be easy because it's statistics. And no BENCHMARKING!

I already feel better.

About Memorial Day.

As I mentioned yesterday, the fam came out ad we had a blast. I sang Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and Lionel Richie's "Hello," which are my standard routines for karaoke. I really have a much deeper appreciation for singers who get on a stage to sing and dance though I would rather they just sing. I was worn out by the second verse of "Thriller."

I've been reading up on apple cider vinegar. It's supposed to be an excellent hair rinse for conditioning and dry scalp. I'm going to try it out. I just hope my hair doesn't smell, though the Web site said the smell would go away as the cider dries. I don't plan on leaving it in my hair but ACV is supposed to be a good conditioner. I also bought some Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner because tea tree oil is supposed to be good for dry scalp, too. I don't know what tea tree oil smells like but I hope it doesn't smell mediciny. I don't want to smell like I've been dipped in rubbing alcohol. If I like the way the shampoo smells, then I will try Dr. Bonner's Tea Tree liquid soap.

Meetings. I hate them. I tend to leave meetings in a ticked-off mood. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Another goal I have for myself besides finishing school and writing a couple of spec scripts, is to submit my resume to at least 5 different companies a week.

I think I saw a women with Sisterlocks. I was tempted to run her down and ask some questions. In the end, I just sat in my car watching her get into hers. She was a security guard and though she didn't have a weapon of any sort, she was a big one and I didn't want to mess with her.

Since I'm on the subject of Sisterlocks, I've become obsessed with the parting. I've seen some pictures of the grids on some heads and was completely horrified. If Creyole eventually experienced the effects of having parts that aren't right, then I can only imagine what the other people are going to experience when they get a more courageous with their styling options.

My point is that when I do start interviewing locticians to install my locks, I want to see some picture, video, mannequin heads, etc of their parting technique. So far, I know for a fact that Phyllis Johnson (a.k.a., VideoLoctician) does a dang good job with the parting. Her parting is a vision of perfection and I would be so honored for her to bestow her magnificent gridlines on my head. But Phyllis lives in Delaware. Delaware!!

0 comments: