Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 255

Seven years ago on this day, I got up went to PT then went back to the barracks to eat and get ready for work. When I tried to start my truck, the cd that had been stuck in the cd player in the dashboard popped out. I was grateful because I hadn’t been able to get the cd out for about a month. But when I tried to start my truck, I discovered the battery was dead.

I went back to my room to call the office to let them know I would be a little late getting to work. That’s when I was informed that I needed to get to work ASAP because we had been attacked. I’m not sure who told me this, I think I was Richard, my civilian supervisor. I’m not even sure how I got to work. I think Richard picked me up.

I do remember what being in the office was like that day. I remember one person in particular walking around the office like a chicken with its head cut off. That wasn’t a pleasant sight. I remember watching the tv and seeing the World Trade Center in flames. It was surreal. I had never seen the World Trade Center before and my first time seeing the towers, they were in flames.

Some people in the world don’t like how we live in America. I don’t see why they feel the need to try to destroy this country, when they can take the simple route and mind their own business. I mean, if they were taking care of business in their countries, they wouldn’t be so obsessed with what we are doing in ours.

I’ve been to Afghanistan. I don’t want to live like Afghanis. Life sucks for women over there. They have no voice and barely even the right to breathe. I’ve worn a burqa. That’s no way to live.

God bless America.

0 comments: