Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 263

Another long day at Thumb Twiddle. My job really sucks and it will probably start to suck for other people as well. Gotta spread the misery I suppose. Thumb Twiddle has gotten much better now that I have something to do.

Well, I went domain name shopping and picked up three more domains. One of them was rather expensive ($34) but I had my eye on it for a while and I even blogged about it once. Shavonne.org will always be my number one domain. I can’t decide on whether I want to use it with Wordpress or use that domain to host my mobile me blog. Decisions, decisions.

Now, I don’t think I’ll ever be a popular blogger. In fact, I know I’ll never be a popular blogger because most of what I blog about is pure cheese. Plus, just when it seems like I’ve gone and blogged seriously about a topic, I abruptly stop and wander off on some other thought, which is quite typical for me because I don’t think linearly. Probably why I it’s hard for me to remember the littlest things. I need to learn to stay focused. (Why couldn’t that Tyler Perry groupie give me that advice?)

Okay, I’m watching Dr. Phil tonight for the first time in ages only because of the topic of the show. The topic: the N-word. The guest:

Michael Graham, radio talk show host (Not familiar with him at all but I like him)
Paul Mooney, comedian (I can’t fricken stand this guy)
Sheryl Underwood, comedian (She gets on my damned nerves)
Hill Harper, actor and writer (I’m going to have to buy one of his books)
Al Sharpton, civil rights activists (don’t like him either)

Michael Graham and Hill Harper were the only two people on the show who had any sense. Basically, everyone in America has the right to call me the N-word. People want to call me that, they feel they have a right to, despite the fact that I (other’s besides myself) don’t feel comfortable with hearing that particular word.

There is in fact a double standard. A lot of black folks I know will argue until they are blue in the face about their right to use the word; however, if a white person says it all hell breaks loose. Why do you feel comfortable using the word, but become hostile and think someone a racist when they call you that word? I don’t get it. It’s offensive to me regardless of who utters it.

I noticed there is a relationship between the black folks who use it and their perceived ability (or inability) to get ahead in life. That’s all I’m going to say about that.

(See, I’m losing steam already.)

I’ve got to get my homework done.

0 comments: