Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Day 102

Sometimes I just want to give up on school. I spend time wondering why I'm doing this? I mean it's been getting really frustrating for the past two classes. Like for some reason, the people are just getting dumber. They don't know how to write, they can't read, they don't know a dang thing about computers. I have seven more classes and I don't think I will be able to make it if I have to continue to work with idiots.

I don't feel any better. I really want to say this to my learning team. Surprisingly, the only person on my learning team that has any writing skills is not an native English speaker. Her writing is very good, the rest of them...write like third graders.

I saw the most disgusting locks today. They were so gross!! This guy probably hasn't had his locks maintained or groomed since he got them. I actually think he started his locks by simply not combing his hair. Very organic. Very. There were a couple of locks that looked like they were about to fall off because they were hanging by a strand of hair. That's how bad it was. On top of that, the guy looks like he's starting to bald which would probably explain the shedding locks. Bottom line is, he looks like he gives people with locked hair a bad rep. After seeing how unkept his hair is, my certainty of getting Sisterlocks has dropped down from 95.02% to 65%.

I really want to help him so I'm going to do some research on lockticians in Southern California. I certainly can't tell him he needs to get his hair groomed and not hand him somebody's business card!

1 comments:

Reasonably Happy Gal said...

I've had some pretty good instructors. I will admit, that I don't like having instructors who are single or child-free (a blog post about that later) because they grade harder. Too much damn free time!! LOL.

MOST of my team members have SUCKED. I had one guy who told us he had ONE hour of computer usage a day. ONE hour. I told him he should not be in an online program. Because one hour on DIAL-UP, no less, is like 6 minutes using high speed.

And I have had a lot of team members who are already certified teachers. They scare the hell out of me. These people who can't construct a sentence or use Word or PowerPoint correctly are teaching people's children?? A true case for homeschooling.

My mentor's sister is a UoPh instructor. She is pretty good. She's in Education.

I have felt your frustration before. I have had major issue with the administrators at UoPh because my advisers have SUCKED in the past. They didn't tell me in a timely fashion when I needed to do things - like take certification exams - so that I wasn't scrambling at the last minute.

Because of that, there was a time I thought about transferring, but it was too much hassle, and I already had 30 out of 33 hours completed.

I'm glad it's almost over though. If I go for a doctorate, it won't be through them. I will follow a more traditional route for that.