Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 119

Joining an Alumni Association. What are the benefits? Is it like joining a sorority or fraternity? I contemplated joining the the UCSB Alumni Association when I graduated from college hundreds of weeks ago, but decided I wanted a minidisc player instead.

Bad investment right? Especially for something that I never used but I saw it as an alternative to cds because I was very protective of my music collection and wanted to preserve it as best I could. HA! Thank you people who don't want to work for a living!

I was young and stupid. Had I been really into paying more attention to what I was spending my money on, I should have taken that money and purchased some Apple stock. Another missed opportunity. Doh!

I'm much more wiser, so I think. For some reason, I feel like joining the alumni association will benefit me in someway. I don't know. I'm going to have to check out the website to see if it's worth my money. I don't have much spare change as I'm trying to save up for many things, like retirement and a house, and a trip to someplace outside the U.S. though I think my current job will prevent that from happening.

(Note to self: Get a new job.)

I'm trying to put all of my ducks in a row and so far, everything's lining up quite nice. I just need to finish school without losing my sanity. So far, only one marble got loose.

On the hair front, another objection to Sisterlocks. I don't even think my cousin knows what I'm talking about. Of course, I didn't say Sisterlocks. All I said was that I'm thinking of locking my hair and I provided a link to Krystl's blog. This exchange took place in an email, BTW. Who wouldn't want to get locks after seeing Krystl's hair?!

Back to my cousin, well I think she's thinking, you won't be able to change your hair for which I haven't changed my hair in years. My hairdo of choice is ponytail. It has been this way for hundreds of weeks. I don't like hair in my face and I definitely hate the smell of burnt hair! However, so far, it is better to burn my hair, fry it with chemicals, or pull it out. I could shave it off but my head is shaped funny. (I have a sneaking suspicion my mother or other family, dropped me more than a few times.) Besides having a funny-shaped head, shaved heads on women in California is a sign of butchdom. Is that a word?

I washed my hair last night and I swear there ended up being more hair on the floor and sink than on my head.

In N Out. Danggit. I can't be anywhere without somebody mentioning those devilishly good burgers! Must. Get. A. Burger. On. My. Way. Home. From. Work. {{singing}} That's what a hamburger's, all about.{{singing}}

I gain two pounds everything I eat one of those juicy burgers.

0 comments: