Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 114

It was an interesting day. A conversation got started about the Japanese and WWII. I was tempted to stop the conversation but I was evil and was enjoying watching someone put their foot in his mouth.

Can Jewish be bred out of someone? I know Jewish law says that only Jewish women can produce Jewish children regardless of the religious/ethinic background of the mate of a Jewish woman. If someone's grandfather was Jewish, wouldn't that still make that person Jewish though not recognized by Jewish Law as Jewish? I'm totally thinking of this in terms of the one-drop rule but after looking at the wikipedia definition I guess it all depends on how pure you want your blood to be and only if in terms of African ancestry.

I've been thinking about my favorite meal-the cheeseburger. I'm curious because I looked up kosher on google and came across Judaism 101 on Kashrut (Jewish Dietery Laws) and it says On three separate occasions, the Torah tells us not to "boil a kid in its mother's milk." (Ex. 23:19; Ex. 34:26; Deut. 14:21).

So does this mean I cannot eat a burg er with goat's cheese? And what about breast feeding? When a child suckles its mother's breast, the child swallows the skin cells of the nipple. Aren't skin cells of the flesh considered meat since cells make up skin? Is skin considered meat?

I've been thinking too hard. I need to go to bed.

0 comments: