Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 117

I got tagged to tell six unspectacular quirks about myself.

The Rules are as follows:
1. link the person who tagged you…
2. mention the rules in your blog…
3. tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Here are my six things:


1. I bite my nails. I stopped biting my nails when I got of the Army in 2004 and started back up again when I got called back in the Army to do a tour in Afghanistan.

2. I love the smell of soap. The fresher and cleaner the soap smells, the more I like it. Unfortunately, most of the soap sold in stores smell like food. I hate that. People shouldn't smell like cucumbers, they should smell like soap.

3. I wear glasses. I tried to get contacts but I can't get them in my eyes so glasses will be the way I see the world until I can muster the courage to get lasik.

4. I'm addicted to chapstick. My dad was my dealer and got me addicted to Carmex. I kicked the Carmex habit and moved to Chapstick. I like the vanilla mint flavor.

5. I hate gold. Gold looks cheap. I prefer silver and platinum.

6. I like being single. I guess when you've never been in a satisfying relationship, single feels normal. I don't think I will ever get married or settle into a relationship.

If anyone would like to try this out, I would highly suggest you do. I've actually learned about myself doing this.

About other things on my mind...

I watched a movie called Lovesong starring Monica (the R&B singer) and I thought it sucked. Beauty Shop, with Queen Latifa also sucked. I'm beginning to dislike all movies with predominately black casts. That's all I'm going to say.

I'm seeing so many black women on tv with natural hair. Now, the fact that there are so many black women on tv with natural hair (afros, wild curls and coils, and locks) my mother must just be stuck in the Madame CJ Walker mentality that we (black women) can only be accepted if our hair is straight. I call b^llsh!t on that. I'm now 98% sure I want Sisterlocks.

I got my Nappylocs Business in a Box. I don't like the shampoo and moisturizing mist that came with it. They smell like medicine. Remember, I like shampoo to smell clean, fresh soap, not like fricken medicine or food. Well, this stuff smells like medicine. There is no way I would ever put that crap in my hair.

The video that came with it was great. It shows you how to start a loc using your fingers and the Nappylocs tool. The video is well worth it and much easier to understand than the booklet.

0 comments: