Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Day 217

My mom had to take her dog, Keiko, to the vet last week. I noticed the dog has a loss of appetite (which is very unusual) and she had been panting heavily (on a not so hot day). The vet did some blood work on the dog and it turns out Keiko has elevated potassium levels, which means she could have a heart attack.

The last time I took the dogs for a walk, Keiko practically passed out before we made it home. I thought that was strange because the dog usually has a lot of energy. I guess that was sign # 1 that something was wrong with her. Then a few days ago, Keiko vomited. It stunk too

If the lab tests show that she has whatever (Addison’s disease I think). If this is indeed what the dog has, she will spend the rest of her life on medication. Poor thing. I’m hoping the medication isn’t in the form of a suppository because I have a hard time with the idea of sticking something up my own @ss, so I doubt I’ll be able to stick something up a dog’s @ss.

Well, as of today, the Army has 16 more days to call me back, otherwise it’s adios!

0 comments: