Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Day 220

Someone commented (by email) how she could see the Bento box picture. I guess she thought I was hosting my blog using iWeb. My response to her was:


“I wasn't using iWeb for that. I just linked to a picture on Amazon. The pictures on use on shavonne.org are either from flickr (which is blocked by Edwards) or other web sites also usually blocked by Edwards(which is why you can't see them). I could upload the pictures to my server at dot5hosting but
I will still need the url of the picture on my server, which is a pain to figure out. I don't know how Sandra manages to post pictures to her blog. Maybe her web hosting is easier to use or something but I have to imagine it's an outright pain.

If I host my blog using iWeb you will be able to see all the pictures/video I upload to my site. It will be much easier for me using iWeb to create photo albums that can be viewed on my blog. The drawbacks to using iWeb are:

  1. I can't turn off comments to individual posts. For example, I was thinking of turning off comments on my entire blog and then only allowing comments for when my blog has questions for readers.
  2. I won't be able to edit comments. I like how I'm able to respond to individual comments with my words in hot pink. Can't do that with iWeb. The only thing I can do with comments is accept or reject them.
  3. I have steller web stats with the hosting I have now. I know information about the people who visit my blog like IP address, web browser used, length of time they spent reading my blog, days/weeks/months with the most visitors, most read posts. I can block people from my site because I'll have their IP address. The only thing I get with iWeb is a hit counter. I have to decide on how important those features are. To view my web stats, I have to log into Dot5 and I rarely do that. But it's a nice option to have just in case I have an idiot troll but so far I haven't had any issues with people being unpleasant on my blog.
  4. Web sites hosted using iWeb do not look good on Internet Explorer. Here is the web site of one of my acquaintances from Korea and flickr. http://davemcnally.org/web/Welcome.html (Check out his 365-Day Project. It's awesome but not as good as 2007) The site looks much better when I look at it from home on Firefox or Safari.”

My mother annoyed the hell out of me tonight. Every time she sees Melanie Brown a.k.a Scary Spice of the Spice Girls, she makes a comment about how Mel is getting work because she had Eddie Murphy’s baby. I’m almost certain there are more people around the world who know who Mel B is than Eddie Murphy. Comedy doesn’t translate well overseas because what one country considers funny isn’t to another country. Heck, I don’t even think Eddie Murphy is funny and I’m American. So, Eddie Murphy (comedian and actor in mostly comedy films) would most likely be an unknown person outside the USA. But, according to my mom, Mel B is only famous because she had Eddie Murphy’s baby.

I caught a couple of episodes of Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, and I can understand the tension between Tori and her mom. If I wrote a book about my mother, my mother would look incredibly bad. Everyone who thinks she’s a divorcĂ©e, when in fact, she’s still a legally married woman.

0 comments: