Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 226

Does it make sense to apply for a promotion? I mean, the very definition of promotion means advancement in rank or position. So, why would anyone need to apply for a promotion?

That doesn’t make sense at all.

There have been a couple of situations where there was an opportunity for a promotion and someone from outside the organization was hired. That really shows the employees what the company thinks of the available talent. I digress. Now it seems the same thing might happen again or this “applying” for promotion is really just a way for people who may be due for a promotion to get rejected.

For example, let’s say there is an opportunity for me to apply for a promotion. With the current “mind set,” the reasons for me not getting the promotion would be:

  1. I just joined a new group and it cost a lot of money to brief me into the program
  2. If I got promoted, I would leave the group I just joined would leave an opening in the group I just joined and this group needs someone with experience. This kinda reads like the first reason. This reason sounds ridiculous because why would you pass up somebody who has experience?

But really. Logic seems to go out the window at times.

Anyways, enough about these stupid scenarios. I can’t remember what I wanted to blog about. I have to pick up my mother’s birthday gift tomorrow. She left to go spend the weekend with her boyfriend in Atlanta won’t get to play with it until she gets back. I hope she likes it. It was really expensive.

I need to hide my Facebook profile. It sucks when people you never want to see again make contact with you. I actually need to delete my Facebook profile. I have a blog for a reason. If people really want to find me, they should just google me. I’m all over the net!

0 comments: