Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 241

I had a blast today. I went to the Bowers Museum in Orange County to see the Terra Cotta Warriors with a friend. The exhibit wasn't what I thought it was going to be but it was better than looking at the warriors in a book. I got some cool souvenirs. I got a a jigsaw book of the Eternal Army. I was going to buy a picture book but I thought the jigsaw book had better pictures and illustrations. Plus, the jigsaw book has four gorgeous jigsaw puzzles and it was $1 cheaper.

We had to listen to audio handsets to get the history behind some of the artifacts. I had the audio handset up to my ear and I was listening to the music and really getting into what the narrator on the handset was saying when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. When I turned to look, for a second, I thought one of those terra cotta statues had come back to life and was coming to take me to the after life.

It was a man dressed as a terra cotta warrior. I had seen him when I first arrived at the museum and thought nothing of it.

Before leaving, I took a picture with a man dressed up like a terra cotta warrior.

My friend and I had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant. I had a cornish hen and egg noodle soup. It was good. I thought Vietnamese food was going to be really sweet but the soup was very flavorful and very unsweet.

After lunch we spent a hour looking for a Korean supermarket. We eventually found one and I now have oval rice cakes for Tak Kalbi. I didn't get all the ingredients because I hadn't planned on grocery shopping but since we were down there anyway we checked out the grocery story. I learned one value fact about myself. I'm terrible at parking. Ha!

I'm so tired. I'm going to post some pictures but it will have to wait another day.

0 comments: