Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 223

Yang ChowI took my mom to Yang Chow in Chinatown for her birthday. The food was good. We had Slippery Shrimp and Three Ingredients Tastes with Snow Peas. Slippery Shrimp was especially good. I wish I had the recipe or at least lived a couple of blocks away from Yang Chow. We also go to-go boxes with Sizzling Platter with Beef and Scallopes, Kung Pao Squid, Szechuan Chicken. I don’t particularly like dishes with squid because squid is usually too chewy. I got another fortune cookie. Here’s what it said:

Your senior years will be happy and fulfilling.


I have no desire to know what my senior year will be like. I still trying to cope with being 22ish. But anyway.

My mom says I drive slow. Not only that, but I have a tendency to follow behind slow vehicles. I can’t help it if I like to take in the scenery. I don’t like driving fast because my truck burns too much gas. I thought about getting a smaller car, but I don’t want another car note so I will just have to suffer until my truck falls apart.

When we got home we watched Meet the Spartans. It was a really stupid movie. I thought it was going to be funny, but I guess my sense of humor is different. I just don’t get it. They way I see it, if someone can write this movie and it paid, I can write a movie too.

We also watched Stop-Loss. I didn’t like this movie either. It was hard to watch. The acting was horrible and it couldn’t help but sense politics.

I know when I got called back into the Army, there were a few soldiers that got out of their deployments to Iraq because they had already done multiple tours. I guess I lucked out by being sent to Afghanistan despite my orders saying Operation Iraqi Freedom. Urban warfare ain’t no joke. I think a few innocent bystanders would have died if I found myself in a situation where there were people shooting at me and I couldn’t tell who was doing the shooting. Kill or be killed. Better them than me.

I don’t want to go to work tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some work to do. I can’t wait until my vacation in two weeks. It’s only 9 days but it will be a much needed break.

0 comments: