Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Day 278


How can people listen to the same song over and over again? Someone in the neighborhood has put Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” on repeat and I’m now finishing the fifth and hopefully last time I hear this song tonight. So far so good. I’m now listening to “Billy Jean.” They’re turning it up. Danggit. Now it’s like the song is playing in my room. It got turned down. (Thank you.)

I really don’t like listening to other people’s music. For example, I was cruising the blogosphere and came across a blog. I immediately left the blog when the music embedded in the blog started playing. Hey people, I have my own playlist I like to listen to when I’m surfing the net. I don’t want to hear yours.

I almost bought a John Denver box set at Wal-mart today. I can’t get that song out my head - “Sunlight on My Shoulders.” Maybe I’ll go back and get it. I’m trying to save money so it won’t happen until next year.

I read an interesting article on China’s colonization of Africa. Interesting read as I have said before that China will be America’s biggest rival for the world’s resources in the coming years.

For some reason, Joss Whedon’s Firefly comes to mind when I think of the Chinese and American dominance of the world. I wonder which will be the most dominant? American exports it’s culture via music, movies, and television; however, China is exporting it’s culture by exporting its people.

0 comments: