Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 296


I was looking through my sample ballot and trying to decide how I will vote. So far, I only know how I will vote on three of the propositions and the rest I’m uncertain.

I don’t know what to think about Prop 8. For example, I don’t see a difference between civil unions and traditional marriage. In my opinion, if it looks like a marriage and functions like a marriage, then isn’t it a marriage? And what’s the big deal if it’s called marriage as opposed to civil unions?

If I had kids, I wouldn’t want to expose them to gay marriage in the same way I don’t want to expose them to unwedded motherhood. I have definite and strong feelings about out-of-wedlock births.

I’ll probably just skip this prop when I vote. I would have liked to see other propositions on the ballot like preventing illegal immigration via denial of government services that should only be reserved for citizens and legal residents.

Enough about voting and such. I’ve been dealing with headaches off and on all day. The first time I got the headache was when I ate my pre-lunch and then it went away. Then it came back when I ate my lunch. The headache went away and came back again when I ate dinner tonight. I hate the way I feel after I eat.

I hope this doesn’t mean I’ll develop an aversion to food. I really like to eat but not if it makes me feel like this. I hate feeling yucky and headachy.

I hope I’ll be able to blog more about voting this weekend as there is less than two weeks before I cast my vote.

0 comments: