Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 302



When I was in Afghanistan, I read a book called Fast Food Nation. The book is about the fast-food industry and animal farming. Pretty interesting book. Anyway, my opinion of Prop 2 is colored because of the book.

Basically animal farming evolved into what it is today because animal farmers wanted to make huge profits. Don’t you love greed? If the book rings true, then animals are kept in really bad conditions. I’m almost certain I’d become a vegetarian if I actually visited one of those animal farms.

I mentioned how I think I would change my vote from Yay to Nay on Prop 2 because of the tax issue, but I think I’m going to stick with a big fat YES. I’m voting on my principles and my gut tells me the arguments against Prop 2 aren’t solid enough. For example, opposition argues chickens will be exposed to avian flu because Prop 2 would require chicken farmers to allow the birds to roam out in the open; however, that doesn’t seem feasible for chicken farmers with thousands of chickens. Let thousands of chickens out of the mega hen house, just to round them back up at the end of the day. You know how fast chickens are and how unproductive that is?

I’m much more concerned about chickens pecking at each other’s poo than catching avian flu. I mean, how healthy are chickens that feast on poop? Can chickens get salmonella from eating chicken poo?

Anyways. I’ll be eating organic in the future.

Speaking of chicken, I saw the most beautiful chicken on some documentary on one of those channels like National Geographic or Discovery. It was a breed from China, and it had the most white, soft-looking feathers that grew down the legs almost to the feet. It was so meal worthy I started salivating. Not like the chickens I’m used to seeing where the feathers stop growing when you get to the scales.

My skin has really been itching a lot lately. I think I’m developing eczema. Or Valley Fever is starting to ge tme. Skin rashes are just one of the many symptoms.

I haven’t been watching Dancing with the Stars. I want to learn to ballroom dance. I think I finally have an excuse to get myself a boyfriend.

0 comments: