Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 298



So, was doing some research on some of the propositions on the ballot for California. I’m very uncertain about most of the propositions as they all claim to increase taxes by billions of dollars over the next 30 years. I’m not comfortable with raising state taxes as I feel like the bailout will result in significant increases in federal taxes. I want to keep more of my money, not less. Why aren’t we trying to cut costs in other places?

I also noticed something about the sample ballot that really ticks me off. How is it that people who are supposedly citizens of the U.S. can’t read English? Why are ballots being printed in other languages?

Then on top of the option for multilingual election materials, I came across the statement of George M. Lane, (the Candidate for Member, Board of Directors, Division 4) in both English and Spanish. I don’t think I’ll be voting for Lane.

American citizens should be able to read the Constitution in the language it was written in and vote using ballots written in English. Don’t get me wrong, I think American’s should learn a second language, but I’m against American citizens modifying American life to accommodate people who are supposed to want to be Americans. I wouldn’t immigrate to another country and become a citizen without learning to speak the language majority of the people in that country speak. I also wouldn’t expect my new country to print voting literature in any other language but what majority of the citizens speak.

I don’t get it. I don’t get it to the point where I won’t vote for people who believe Americans should cater to people who obviously don’t want to be American.

0 comments: