Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Day 66

I'm going to admit, I have very little interest in shows featuring black characters as the lead characters.

I used to watch Girlfriends until Toni decided she wanted her 'girlfriends' more than she wanted her husband. I didn't understand that. Not only did she choose her 'girlfriends' but she decided she didn't want to be a mother, too.

Then when her husband wanted custody of the baby, Toni decided she wanted the baby. WTF? That whole story line really ticked me off so I stopped watching the show.

I watched an episode of Soul Food where Bird decides she wanted to abort her unborn child because it dawned on her that she married a thug. This is the other thing that got me, her thug husband had turned his life around and was successfully running a grocery store, which was owned by Bird's family! So, I stopped watching that show, too. I have the first season on DVD, I doubt I will buy the others (if they ever make it to DVD).

I pretty much only watch science fiction shows now. I'm a huge fan of Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. I absolutely love Heroes. I can't wait for that show to come back. I think Monica Dawson, the black female character on the show with the power to imitate after watching it, won't last very long on the show. I wonder if Monica will be able to regenerate if she watches Claire or fly if she watches Peter. I suspect her power is limited to only those abilities that can be learned rather than genetic. I still like the implicit meaning behind her character-you can do anything if you put your mind to it. All you need is for someone to show you how.

0 comments: