Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Day 68

I went back to Kaiser this morning to have some blood drawn. The lab was packed with people needing to have their blood drawn for one reason or another. I guess I will know in a couple of weeks if I definitely have Valley Fever. I feel fine by the way. I think this is one of those bugs that will creep up on you and zap you at the last minute.

My mother had Valley Fever when we first moved to California. She was bed ridden for a couple of months. I don't know much about it. I'll have to look it up on the Internet.

A soldier from the Lord's Army came by the house today. He was rather pleasant and very clean cut. There were several of them walking through the neighborhood, each dressed in khakis, light blue long-sleeve button up shirts and ties, with a Bible and information pamphlets about their church in their hands.

(NOTE TO SELF: Get a 'No Solicitors' sign.)

Anyway, soldier did manage to get me interested in seeing a performance by the church's orchestra; however, I doubt I will attend. I get the feeling attending one of these functions will have them expecting me to attend all their functions, like church and Bible study for which I have no interest in.

This got me thinking, why don't Jews go around trying to spread the Gospel according to the Torah? It would be nice to see some representation from their camp. I mean, Christians and Muslims seem to be building armies for Armageddon, do Jews not think about Armageddon at all?

I think I can understand why they don't openly recruit. Years of persecution will do that. However, how does someone become Jewish? Does one have to be born Jewish in order to be Jewish? Is becoming Jewish as difficult as depicted in Sex and the City? I think I know they perfect place to go with my questions. Hopefully, I won't insult him/her because that's not my intent.

Speaking of which, I dated a guy that had a small patch of hair on one side of his back. I didn't understand why it was only on one side. One small patch of hair seemed like a mistake on God's part but two small patches on both sides would have seemed more deliberate.

I must get back to my studies.

0 comments: