Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 74

I discovered ScriptFrenzy.org last year and signed up to participate in it but never wrote a darn thing.

This year is different. 30 days to write a tv script isn't that difficult. I could write a couple of pages a day. By the end of the 30 days, I will have a complete script.

I don't know what I'm going to write about but I'm going to give it a try. I won't try to write a spec script though because I don't have a whole lot of extra time to devote to watching tv. I will have to save that for when I finish school or during the Christmas break. (I actually can't wait until Christmas).

That's a shocker. Christmas is my least favorite time of the year.

I have to go get new brake lights for my truck. The lights don't work for some reason. It could be a case of bad plugs because when I actually turn my lights on the brake lights work. I hate having to have a car.

I went and rented American Gangster. I'm going to watch it and hopefully write about it tomorrow. I need a break from my computer.

2 comments:

blackstone said...

Ugh. let me know what you think, i hated American Gangster. So lackluster. Have you seen Great Debaters? Now, thats good.

Shavonne said...

I guess it depends on what kind of movie you like. I personally had no intention of ever watching American Gangster, simply because any movie with the word 'gangster' in the title that involves black men doesn't interest me.

The Great Debaters is another movie I have no intention of ever watching, too. I'm not real big on movies that romanticize the Civil Rights Movement. We are living in 2008, why do black folks insist on dwelling on slavery and the Civil Rights Movement?

I suppose if there's nothing better to rent then I will rent it just like I did with American Gangster.

It is extremely difficult to find movies with strong black characters. {{sigh}}