Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Day 67

I just got a phone call from my primary physician (it's 8:30 p.m.). A few weeks ago, I went to the doctor because I had a really bad cough I couldn't get rid of. He put me on antibiotics and an inhaler and had some lab work done to see if I had Valley Fever (there has been an unusual number of cases this year).

They ran two tests and one test came out positive for Valley Fever and the other came out negative. My doc wanted me to come back to have some more lab work done to see if I'd test positive (again) for Valley Fever.

The antibiotics the doc gave me (doxycycline) is the same antibiotics I had to take when I was in Afghanistan. That crap made me sick as a dog. While taking the antibiotic, I was unusually tired, loopy, and on occasion I puked so I stopped popping those pink pills. I just couldn't handle being sick and having to deal with @ssholes all day long. I hope I didn't catch some kind of bug like malaria or something.

I'm not good at taking pills so when my doc gave me 14 days worth of the same antibiotic, I took it anyway because I was desperate to get rid of my cough. I have a feeling I'm going to regret not taking those pink pills when I was in Afghanistan.

There was a discussion at Brunsli's blog about the lack of black faces in Sex and the City. For some reason, it's unfathomable that Carrie Bradshaw didn't have black friends.

I personally never watch a show because of the number of black faces in it. Black folk are only 12% of the population in the U.S. So if there is a show with four characters, it's unrealistic to think that one of those characters would be black.

0 comments: